Friday, September 21, 2012

How am I feeling? With my fingers!

This late afternoon leaves me feeling more alert.  FINALLY!

Wednesday night as I was laying in bed resting, i turned over and felt and heard a big POP.  Something somewhere on my drainage tube popped. Todd couldn't find anything broke or disconnected so that was good. But what was even better was it felt better!! The pain in my side was gone. Wow! What a difference that makes in my day when I'm not having to fight the constant pain.  The dr checked it over at the hospital and it may have just been a stitch that popped.  Whatever it was, i wish it would have happened two weeks ago.

Surgery went well. A large portion of my breast was removed. I have my fingers crossed this is the end of Willard and his offspring!

A mediport was put in just under my skin on my right side just below my collar bone.  It is very tender.  I'm not able to lift my Dr. pepper to take a drink, but I have plenty of straws!

Except for my chest pains, I feel myself getting stronger.  My heart feels full at times with all of this happening, but about that time I get a call or card or text from my army and the fear and heaviness melts.

I hope you all had time to call and book your mammogram today.  If not, Monday is just a few days away.... Make that call.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you posted today, Deb, and so glad to hear that you got relief from the pain! I have been thinking about you all day, hoping that the surgery went well. I will continue to pray that Willard has LEFT the boob! Thanks for keeping this blog, and thanks for being you. Rest up! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of your soldiers here, letting you know I HAVE had my mammogram and will continue sending prayers for your complete recovery. You will never be alone in this battle. Rest and let your body heal, we are here with you and for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know you are at home resting! Know you are in my thoughts and prayers!!

    ReplyDelete