Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Through My Daughter's Eyes - Part One

This is the second account of my Mom’s that I have (easily) been able to hack into. I’d like to think of it as a special bond between the two of us rather than it being creepy that I am able to guess what her passwords are.

I remember sitting in my design studio in college talking to my friends about how I always wanted to start a blog but I wanted a really good name before I started. We would brainstorm at times, but nothing ever came up, so I never started a blog. But my Mom did. And I never, in ten million years, thought it would be a blog about her journey with cancer. My Mom was the type of person that helped others through difficult times, how did she become the person needing the help?

I’m so thankful that she did start this blog. I know it gave countless numbers of people laughs, comfort and smiles. I love reading her words. She told her story so well. On February 3, 2014, I mentioned the idea of her starting her blog back up and she said, “I don’t have the energy to type yet. Love you!” My heart broke knowing how worn out she was and then she made me feel somewhat better by just saying ‘love you’. Is there a better feeling than hearing someone tell you that they love you? I don’t think so, especially when it’s coming from your Mom. There is no one that compares to your Mom.

So- I want to keep her story going, for forever. What will I write about? Beats me, but I know she will guide me, she always has. I never want people to stop talking about her or stop thinking about her and I hope this can hopefully play a small part in that never happening.

I’ll be back soon.

Love,
Deb’s very proud daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment