Sunday, August 19, 2012

If you take the time to align the STARS of your life, you should know the answers before you go to the Dr.

For instance...My FAVORITE Movie is "The Family Stone".  I love the house!  I love the humor! I love the way the mom loves her children.....I love the depth of love between her and her husband.   EVERYTIME I watch it I cry, the last three times I sobbed!   So, there is Clue #1

Clue #2....David moves back to HOME, otherwise known as TEXAS in June.  The future wasn't as bright working with his dad as he had hoped.  But ya know what?  He tried!!  David is my favorite because he was my first born.

Clue #3....Dean struggles with what to do.  Play football at Trinity Valley or not.  In the end, it was not.  Then Blinn offered him a QB spot....to play or not to play....again, it was not.  I still struggle with wrapping my head around his decision.  If it was based on my health, it would crush me.  I hope that he truly is taking the first step in planning his future. Dean is my favorite because he is my last child.

Clue #4...Although Darcee has graduated, has lived on her own, has a job, and has a bright future...she is at home.  NOT where she wants to be.....but maybe now it is part of that big plan....hmmmmm Darcee is my favorite because she is my only daughter and third born.

Clue #5...Well, with Darrell, there were no clues for me...except I knew he has a direct line to God and would know what to pray for when I didn't.  There is huge comfort for that.  Darrell is my favorite because he is my second

Clue #6....My other son, (by another mother) Dallas Coleman.  Dallas has been Davids best friend for 12-13 years.  A lifetime.  Even when David was in Arkansas, Mississippi, Hawaii, and Nebraska, David and Dallas were brothers.  Knowing he is my son, we have always kept in touch.  So it was nothing when he called to "catch up"  three weeks ago.  We said our "love yous" and hung up.   Seconds later I received a text from him...he was afraid to ask me, but needed to know if I was okay.  Did I have health problems.  I smiled, knowing now I did, (keep in mind I have not gone to the Dr yet) but texted back, no, I'm as healthy as ever for a person who is 37 and a body of 50+ *giggles*

So on AUGUST 14, 2012 when I went to the Dr and he said you have breast cancer, there was no shock.  There was no wrapping my head around it.  My fear was the financial burden on my family...that lasted about 1 1/2 minutes. 

My next question was if I do nothing....what happens...??  3-5 years was his answer.  Well, I have 4 children, none of which are dating, married or have had children....so I needed to stick around longer than that.  Next the Dr said were the mamogram and ultra sound.

AUGUST 16, 2012
The Dr on Tuesday had gar-un-teed that I would have some answers after the tests today.  The people there were M.D.'s and they would give me answers.  Well, left hand doesn 't know what right hand is doing so.....
I got no answers.  The word suspicios was used twice....biggie wow, So I left there a little (okay, alot) pissed off that I had no answers and they just ran tests that I didn't need, because this mass is huge and it hurts like hell sometimes.  So there was really no need to take pictures for something we knew was there.

I was putting together the letter I was going to write when the Dr's nurse from Tuesday called.  She was totally surprised I knew nothing.  She had just gotten done talking to the Dr who looked over the ultra sound and mamgram and confirmed there was a lump.  DUH!

She was sweet and explained it was protocol.  Okay, on to the biopsy.  I scheduled it for Monday, AUGUST 20, 2012.  Same place.  After we get the lab results we will know what kind it is...(breast cancer is not just breast cancer....it can be a wide range of cancers that settle in our breast(s) and the treatment can begin.

Of course I wanted to know why I had to come up and do the picture stuff if we knew...and she explained that the biopsy is invasive, you can't go around poking into a boob (okay, she said breast) without reason.  Still don't understand if you can feel the sucker, you know it's there....but anyway....She explained there are 5 levels of confirming cancer....Level 1 is like a storm cloud in the distance, you need to be aware that things might be coming...up to Level 5 which is a full blown hurricane....so lets just call me Hurricane Deb!  I'm level 5 CONFIRMED!


4 comments:

  1. Deb,
    Okay, the battle begins! Fight, like you fight for all those that you love. I love you, Husker Sister, and wrap my arms around you. Tell me what I can do and I will be there. You are not alone - not ever - we will fight this every step of the way! Monteen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb,
    I love you like a girl loves her mother like a best friend. You have been my backbone through so many obstacles over the past few years and I plan to be here for you in any way I can. This is just a bump in the road, but like you said, God had a plan in getting your boys home. I hadn't thought about it that way, but what an amazing gift.
    You are an amazing gift and a fighter. You got this!!!

    Love you!!! -Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you for making this blog. You are a rock and no matter what happens, your spirit and energy will see you through. My storm cloud passed, but I am only stronger for it and even more prepared to help you with your journey. I love you so much and my days brighten up every time I see you - truly.
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holey Moley! Is this what happens when your midnight movie buddy moves a little ways down the road and misses a few late, late shows? I knew all that popcorn and laughing and crying out loud to an empty theater were good for us! So here's the plan: I don't know a better laugher, cryer, hugger, prayer, or fighter-for-what's-right than you, Deb Tackett, and I say gather all your buddies together for a late, LATE show/slumber party, and when the Bump isnt paying attention, we alll gang up and beat the snot out of it from all sides til it's gone! And I just happen to know a great place to hold this big event... Just say when, my beautiful friend. And NEVER underestimate the power of a group of women standing to fight against something threatening one of their own...

    ReplyDelete