Monday, August 20, 2012

The biopsy-otherwise known as PAIN in the boob

50 Shades of Grey pain times 100!!!!

Good thing I took Lamaze years ago, I had to call on those breathing techniques to endure the pain.  The whole procedure was pretty amazing. It just hurt.

First they did the ultra sound a little. Once they decided where to go into the mass, I received a shot to numb the area. Then a scalpel was used to cut a small area for the "gun" to be pushed in.  Now the. "gun" as they call it was very boring...a white tube actually.  The part that caused bodily harm was the Sonic-like straw attached to the end.  That is the part that is pushed into the mass...and beyond. The beyond part is what wasn't numbed...so when he pulls the trigger the "straw" shaves off a layer of cells and there is sample one.  I truly thought that my nipple was going to be sucked inside my chest and up the straw. Pure sharp pain. Now repeat that process. Now repeat that process. And repeat it again. And one final time.

It really made me sick to my stomach, kinda like when you give blood and then stand up to fast.

The dr says its about 3 inches long and it looks like it has lightening strikes coming out of it.   Actually pretty artistic on the screen.  Now we wait up to 72 hours.  They will call the lab to come pick it up.  They put dye into the cells and let them sits to see what they look like in a day or so.  I was hoping for Wednesday, but he seemed to lean toward Thursday.

Afterwards I went and got the worst pedicure ever.  A little uncomfortable because of the pain. But she was a newbie and made 4 out of 10 toes bleed.  No relaxation today. *sigh*


1 comment: