Friday, August 24, 2012

The Thing About Willard....

The thing about Willard is that he wasn't invited into my world.  He's a party crasher that has no sense of humor and no place on my guest list.  

But the good thing about Willard is that he has helped me to Prioritize life!  Forced me to start that Bucket List in my mind....I'm not yet ready to put it to paper.  I have no fear of my life ending in my mind.  That,  has never been an option....and after visiting with the Dr  today,  I was right.  But knowing this uninvited living creature is in me, growing and fighting to have the right to move into other parts of my body and do harm to me gives me more strength to LIVE!  

The need to love deeper,  laugh louder and have time with the ones that mean the most to me becomes an overpowering desire.  Positive energy that will flow throughout my being suffocating  Willard to his core.

The Dr today spent 50 plus minutes drawing, discussing, educating and answering our questions.  Phone calls will be made on Monday to try and set up surgery to remove the mass.  Save the Boobs! and belly fat. *UGH* The more you do to your body, opens up more opportunities for your body to have negitive reactions....infection, side effects...ect.

There is no proof at this time, but speculation that the lymph nodes are clean is a great leap closer to a healthy future.  This cancer is invasive, because it has learned to grow outside of it's "colony".  When that happens, it can enter the blood system and travel to other parts of the body in my blood supply.  Because it is "breast tissue" it really can't live other than the breast.  But that cancer part of the breast tissue can learn to grow elsewhere.  We will have more answers on it's successful or unsuccessful travels threw my body during/after surgery.

My Dr was glad to see Darcee, Dean and Todd sitting in my room waiting with him when he came in.  I know it wasn't a life lesson any 18 year old male wants to hear, especially about his mothers boob....but he kept his squirming to a minimum.  Once we got to the physical exam part, WHOOOSH....they were gone.  Even though there was a curtain and they would not have seen a thing.  I don't blame them!

Todd left the visit satisfied with our plan of attack and answers to his questions.  Maybe he will stay away from the computer for the weekend and give his brain a rest on the education of breast cancer.

I think I'll take my own advice and just relax this weekend.  So to all of you who are following me, know that my stress level is low, my knowledge is growing, relaxing is my goal and my heart is full of love for all of you!


2 comments:

  1. OK, Girl Friend...I'm following you. And Willard. Thankfully YOU have a sense of humor and it has always served you well. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad you have such great a great family (and friends!) to stand by your side. We're going to fight this with you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete