Sunday, October 7, 2012

A Quiet, restful weekend....by my choice!

My chemo treatment Friday was uneventful...although I really didn't know what to expect going into it.  Basically, I sit in a fairly comfortable lazy boy type chair and relax.  A pillow behind my back or head and I was good to go.  Several bags of drugs were pumped into me through my port on my chest.  Very comfortable procedure.  It will be a time of relaxation in the future.  This time I bounced from tv, to magazines, to eating a salad, to playing solitaire.  Never sure just what to do.

When the last drop was done, I got up, walked out and drove home.  By then, the steroids were kicking in.  I was washing clothes, washing dishes, folding clothes, walking the dogs.  It was hard to relax.  By 11:30 pm my mind and body were tired but my insides were moving forward.  I laid in bed with a heating pad on my calves and feel asleep.  An hour later UP AND at it again

I took the dogs out for a walk and then tried to find something to watch on tv. Nothing much was on. Sleep finally came a little after 4 am and lasted until 8 am.  I felt well rested.  The whole weekend my only complaint was an upset stomach. Non- stop.  Soup and 7 up never helped.  Another side effect started late Saturday night.  The bottom of my feet felt HOT.  Todd said they were this hot to the touch.  I just grabbed a gel pack out of the freezer and rest my feet on it.  Today my hands and feet are starting to tingle and my feet are still hot.  I'm thinking I need to set outside barefoot and let the fall air cool them!

This week I go in after school Monday, Wednesday and Friday for a shot.  Because the treatment I am getting is so strong, I will only have it every three weeks.  If I did it weekly, the drugs alone would kill me!  So between treatments it's shots.

What doesn't kill me makes me stronger! So for now I will take advantage of the rest I can get in order to get stronger!

Love to all!

2 comments:

  1. We missed you on Friday! Peggy announced your challenge to our students and they loved it! You are a strong and beautiful women!! I thank God every day for your healing...its not if, its when! We will celebrate!! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking and praying for you daily. So brave, so beautiful and so strong. Love you lady---Debra

    ReplyDelete