Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Frisco Young Life Prays for Me!

I've often wondered how I have had almost 6,000 people read my blog.  But after meeting the Young Life Family in Frisco Texas it was alittle easier to see how.

Darrell, my favorite second born son, has been blessed to meet the youth of Frisco.  But I'm thinking as they get to know him, they will feel as I do, that they are the blessed ones.  Todd and I were invited to attend the Frisco YL fundraiser banquet this past Sunday.  Not only were we not going to miss this event that Darrell was involved in, we jumped at the chance to take advantage of me feeling good and get the heck out of town!!

It was a slow paced weekend....Next to the banquet, the highlight was probobly Todd getting to see the area where JFK was shot.  I've seen this spot several times, but it still haunts you that such a major event in history took place right where you are standing.

I was completely out of my "comfort zone" there.   In fact, school and home are the only place I feel safe to take off my hat and let the wind blow through my hair.  errrr, I mean buzz!!  But since I figured I'd never see any of the people at the mall again, I went in without a hat or scarf.  It's very easy for me to forget that I don't have hair.  BUT, when you see people looking at you, it comes back and slaps you back into reality.  Kids didn't seem to be bothered.  But adults would look and stare and make me feel uncomfortable.  In my mind they are thinking one of three things....1.  Do you seriously think that hair style is in....2.  You might have cancer.....3.  I've chosen an alternative life partner....(even though I was walking with Todd)!!!  It is hard on your heart to see people look at you like that.  It even happens at HEB.

Back to YL.  Darrell proudly introduced us to everyone!!!  If I had a dollar for everyone who said they loved Darrell or had prayed for someone like him to come to Frisco, I'd have 3 dollars!! KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!  I could probobly pay for my hospital bill!!  What a joy builds up in your heart when you hear total strangers happy to have your child around their youth.

There's all kinds of sayings I could pass on to Darrell...."Timing is everything" -  "God answers prayers than need to be answered"  -  "Love your job, because it's obvious they love you".  But the one that makes the most sense to me is:   100 years from now it won't matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in......what matters most is that I was important in the life of a child. 

I know that is a powerful verse.  I have been that person.  A few years ago I was lucky enough to have a child confess to me the abuse he was going through.  There was no doubt in my mind that he was headed to a life of distruction.  Either by his own hands or by his caregiver who was on the verge of destroying his life.  It was not an overnight process of saving him.  It took a few months.  But in the end he ended up with a family member that showed him the light of God.  Protected and cared for him in a way he had never known.  The best part...he still got to enjoy his childhood.

So to the youth of Frisco I say, "trust Der'L to show you God's Love".  He feels it deeply and lives it daily.  He prays for you daily.  He better be praying for me twice a day and three times on Sunday!! LOL!!  He fell in love at Frontier.  Not with a girl.  But with God.  He climbed a mountain and left all his worries on the mountain and came down the mountain in love with God and Jesus.  He came home to me a man lifted up to a spirit he had never known.  It is his desire for his entire family to have eternal life in heaven.  And now that he is with you, you are his family also.  Let him show you how great your life can be when you are a believer.

Thank you Frisco for keeping me in your prayers.  Because of them I feel stronger each day!




No comments:

Post a Comment