Saturday, December 8, 2012

Not for the weak...

I'm giving you fair warning that this post will discuss my bodily functions... Okay, so your reading on....you're the kind of person that would stop and watch a train wreck also! Lol! Friday was treatment day. I was the youngest patient there. Not sure what I should make of that! But I felt healthier than allllll of them! There is an unspoken bond we all share. Lots of small talk...several patients enjoyed the cooking shows for hours on end! I did catch a green bean recipe that looked yummy! Just before the Benadryl hit and I slept for 3 hours. I learned this time that some of the meds have side effects that the Benadryl helps discourage. I don't know what they are, but I did notice my arms had lots of dark brown blotches appear, but left awhile later, so I'm thanking the Benadryl for that. I truly felt great last night. The side effects of the shots were gone and so for the first time in WEEKS I walked without any pain in my bones. I felt great, I felt my age instead of previewing that of a 90 years old! Darcee and I headed to college station and enjoyed some Christmas shopping. Even hitting some great bargains! Whhhoooohooo!! I finally fell asleep a little after 3 a.m. I slept sound and felt great when I woke up around 8 a.m. The dogs enjoyed a walk before I headed off to HEB. Groceries put away, soup in the crock pot, laundry going...and it hit me! A HOT FLASH. These are not just run of the mill hot flashes. These last forever and make my bald head sweat! Lol...the good part is when the Ac kicks in and the sweat cools fast!! Needless to say the AC got turned down to 67 again. It must be my magic number. My hot flashes really zap my energy. So it wasn't much longer and I was worn out. Since 2 p.m. I've been laying in bed. Done some online shopping and lots of solitaire. I recently read that a lot of chemo patients play solitaire for hours. It has our mind concentrating on one thing vs. when the chemo brain kicks in and I think of a million things but can't concentrate on doing more than one at a time. I've become a list maker! My last round of treatment and this round have played a number on my intestines. I pass gas all the time. Sometimes not knowing its coming. Sometimes it's a machine gun going off. Sometimes silent and deadly. Two days after my last treatment I'd pass gas - or did I? I ended up changing my underwear 3 times that day. Lol! I went to school that Monday and felt terrrrrrible. Luckily it wasn't the meds, I ended up being sick with a bug that ruined most of my thanksgiving day break. BUT, timing is everything....I had the luxury of having time off and not missing work! It's wonderful how HIS plan works out sometimes! Anyway on that Monday I had to tell Mrs Still I couldn't make it all day. And explain that my gas was a challenge and I didn't bring extra underwear to school. She swears I'm the only one who can make cancer funny! At our first faculty meeting before school started, Mrs Still allowed me to tell my BMS Family that I had been diagnosed with breast cancer. Starting off my story, I made it a point to tell the males at our campus to be the extra set of hands and be aware of changes in their wife/partners breasts. Before they meander to their dander, do a little breast maintenance. We would call it foreplay, they can call it inspecting! Either way, be AWARE! I had them in giggles! I remember then Peggy saying only Tackett can make cancer funny. Well, what doesn't kill us we should get to say NA NA NA NA BOO BOO to! Cancer won't kill me! It'll be some driver in Brenham who shouldn't have had their license renewed or is not patient with the road construction! YIKES! Well, gotta go gas urge coming, tummy tightening, feels .......wet!

2 comments:

  1. You crack me up girl! Your gas comments remind me of having an almost 10 lbs. baby~never knew when it would hit! We need to go shopping and have a "drawer" at school for anyone who might need it~we can call it Deb's Secret!! LOL Haven't come to see you in a while, because I've been sick with stupid virus for 3 weeks~I really miss you~but love you more! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness,Deb. You crack me up. You are a true testiment on how to live life and find pleasure in even the smallest of things. I've never heard anyone say "meander to the dander" but I will definately be using that one. Loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete