Thursday, December 6, 2012

As Paul Harvey used to say....And now the Rest of the Story...

Now that you have had time to steam about the lady at the cancer society of america, let me give you the rest of the story. Friends come in all shapes, sizes and ages. They come out of the woodwork when you need them...and usually didn't know you needed them! I have bragged about my friends several times, and will several times more, because they need to see in black and white thier importance. And you know, if you read it on the internet it must be true! LOL My friend, Marty Sewall was appalled with the lady who laughed at me. And, since she is retired and has extra time, she decided to pay them a visit. She had very specific details on my experience. Armed with this information, she walked in and confronted the lady who was rude to me. Because of my description, she knew she was face to face with the lady. And of course, just like a child, replied "it wasn't me!" LOLOLOL BUSTED!!! is all Marty could think of!! She proceeded to give a detailed explanation of what happened to me. And even pointed out to the lady every detail I had of my visit. The lady was of course *choke* appalled that this event happened. Marty explained that she had to believe her friend, who would make up such a story. Well, in the end....Marty walked out with several hats and a styrofoam head for me! LOL! They really wanted me to come back in and they would take care of me. But Marty explained *I'm para-phrasing here* it would be a cold day in hell before her friend came back! LOLOL!! Friends. Blessed Friendships. They are priceless and precious! Be thankful for the friends you have. Sometimes we are closer to them than family.

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I am very glad she did that. It made me sad to read about your experience there. This now makes me happy, happy, happy, and hopefully this woman has definitely realized how her actions have hurt people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb - I, too, was appalled when I read what had happened, and I didn't even know how to comment on that post. I was mad and sad - and hurt for you. I am very impressed that Marty paid them a visit and set them straight! Whodathunk she had it in her?

    ReplyDelete