Friday, November 16, 2012

Soldiers at War

I am now four hours into my third chemo treatment. But I've only been awake the last hour. A warm blanket, pillow and Benadryl makes for an excellent nap! Several bags of soldiers have been pumped into my port directly into my blood system. From there I picture them forging ahead seeking out our enemy. As the cells start to divide, my soldiers will attack and destroying any chance for reproducing. Keep in mind, good cells are also destroyed. But that's okay, that's why I take the shots. As long as the enemy is captured, I will be happy. I will never be able to repay this army for the future I am planning on enjoying. Some of the cells I notice the most not working are those in my mouth. Those cells stop reproducing. Some times there is a strong metal taste. Sometimes there is no tasting any type of seasoning. I eat foods on memory. So of course I lean toward those with strong favors! A spicy flavor might burn my mouth but dang, it's so worth it! Over the next three days I take pills for upset stomach. And believe me.... They work! Never have I experienced being sick to my stomach. Which is good, I hate putting my face where my butt has been! At least without Clorox around! I have one hour and seven minutes left....I'm going to kick back and relax. My love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment