Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Parenthood the tv show

Best line from PARENTHOOD.... "Guess I'm not SuperWoman." It hurts my feelings to know that I am not bigger than this, or that I can't sail through it without being normal and having symptoms that millions of others have had. I really thought I had some sort of larger than life legacy to my name. And I could laugh and smile my way through chemo. Instead, I have been humbled to experience the fatigue, upset stomach, numbness, metal taste, constipation, and a few other side effects. I welcome sleep every time it comes to take over my tired body. When I awake, my body has been blessed with a little more energy than it had before closing my eyes. Without a doubt, this Thanksgiving will be above and beyond the most special of all before. Friendships have taken center stage in my day. Family, which has always been number one, will understand how precious and important they are to me. I do not miss the hassle of Black Friday. Instead, I look forward to listening to the quiet of sleeping children early Friday morning. Children who have become adults, but still breath that steady breath of life I earn to hear. My heart swells with love.

3 comments:

  1. Deb, I am thankful for you - for all that you are, all that you do, and all that you continue to teach us about this journey we call LIFE. The lessons you have taught us, through example and your blog, have made me a stronger person. Bless you, and may you continue to gather strength from all those that love and care about you.
    Monteen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about you, Deb, hoping you're having a wonderful weekend with your family. Love you! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie .. You continue to amaze me with your strength and courage. Just know we are all praying for you and that little army.... Julie

    ReplyDelete