Monday, September 24, 2012

Bye bye drainage tube!

Wooohooo the pain in my side is gone. Not only does it feel better, it gives me a little freedom in sleeping and moving!

The pathology report came back with one area great and one area acceptable.  With the plan of attack coming, the area that was near the surface and acceptable should not have a chance to grow-now.  There's no saying it won't in a year or five years.  That is a very unsettling comment.

I have been labeled Stage 3 cancer.  I was really planning on a 2 because 3 is just close to Stage 4.  

Of course I got online and search for % of survival rate.  I didn't like any of the odds, so I went and played solitaire!  I do win in that game!!

I have a meeting with my oncologist Thursday after school.  Time for him to give me his outlook and plan of attack.

It was such a great feeling to be back at work today.  Something about a students smile can really make your day go better!  I still have to keep my arm movement to a minimum to give the armpit a chance for the skin to reconnect.  It is numb from just above my elbow to a little under my armpit.
Putting my deodorant on this morning was a comedy act of its own!  I was rubbing the stick in my armpit but couldn't feel a thing.  So I had to stand in front of the mirror to put it on.  I could see it going on but couldn't feel it! Frrreeeky!

Today was a great day to be alive!



Today was a great day to be alive!

2 comments:

  1. love ya & praying for you, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so good to see you at school!! Love you & praying for you!

    ReplyDelete