Sunday, September 2, 2012

Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse

It's only fair to explain how I see my family after sharing how I feel about my friends.  It came to me in a flash one day thinking about how solid my family is.  How supportive and OK we were going to be.

So you picture 4 kids of strength and love and devotion to their mom...they, are my Mt. Rushmore.  Or in the case of mine, David, Darrell, Darcee and Dean it could be Mt. Dmore!

The best part of them is that they are mine!! Nurished, loved, feed, groomed, and paid for!  They are mine!  And I have the stretch marks to prove it. 

Life has remained very normal at home.  Meaning, I still do everything!  I still do the shopping and the cooking and the cleaning and the folding and the washing and the ironing.  Nothing has changed.  And as overwhelming as all that is right now...it is what I need.  If I only do two loads of laundry, it's okay.  Believe me, they have enough clothes to go a few more days.  But the normalness of it allows me to know Willard is not the center of our day or our thoughts. 

Mt. Dmore is my rock.

And then there is Crazy Horse.   With red hair, fair skin and freckles, my husband is no indian....but I do drive him crazy.  And Crazy Horse is right up there beside Mt. Rushmore, so it's only fair that Todd is my other giant rock.  Although lost on what to do in the beginning, he has spent numerous nights online reading about Willard.  Going to the dr visits has allowed him to share this experience.  An experience he would call a nightmare....and I call a journey.  Each appointment allows him to feel like he is doing something to support me.  He hates my bullheadedness....my independence...my "my way" attitude,....my don't bother anyone I can do it myself  state of mind....but through this experience, I think it has helped me not cave. 

I've been through alot worse than Willard in my life.  The big difference is now, I have Crazy Horse to share it with.  I am not alone anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment