Sunday, September 2, 2012

Medically what's happening....

So now, back to the facts....

Fact is, I have no patience waiting in a dr's office past 15 minutes.

Fact is, I have to if I want to get on with my life.

Fact is, the surgeon had 1 minute left, or I was going to walk out and find my own surgeon.

Fact is, he came in just in time....Oh bull, my appt was at 9:30 and he came in at 10:44. One more minute and I was out of there!

For the last 10 minutes of my waiting I sang....LOUD....and this is what I sang....

do do do ...do do do do ....do do do do do...do...do .... do ...
dododododo......dododododo....dododododo..do...do...do....dooo


And each verse got alittle louder.   Crazy Horse sat in the corner of the exam room giggling and begging me to stop.  I think he was afraid he'd pee his pants.  (Just like what happens to Bethany sometimes)

Okay, I went to this appointment thinking it was just a meet and greet.  But it was actually a see and feel.  The surgeon confirmed I have a mass.  Oh, geeee....$125 appointment to tell me what I already knew.   Do they not read the charts?  Willard has been nesting for a year now. 

This was the appointment I lost control of my life at. 

This was the first day I didn't like.

School has just started.  I haven't even had my first library visits.  I LOVE my library visits!!  I love my job!! I LOVE these kids!!!  And now the dr is wanting me to miss school to get Willard removed.

I wanted to wait until the fair holiday.  Surgery on Wednesday, recover Thursday and Friday. 

OMG!! I thought Crazy Horse was going to come unglued!!  He wants Willard out last week.  The Dr agreed, waiting until the 19th wasn't that long after all the time he's been nesting.  But he doesn't do surgeries on Wednesdays.....there was a little delay in my thinking and reasoning as I watched Crazy Horse in the corner turning redder and redder and squirming and trying hard not to scream.

So, because this man loves me so much and I didn't want to put him through anymore than I had to, I caved.  I agreed to have surgery next Thursday.  And promised to stay home on Friday to rest. 

Crazy Horse began to breath again.  I begin the spinning in my brain of not having control.

Once you decide to have surgery, you have to do pre-op stuff at the hospital.  Well, I'm here so I might as well get it through my brain that I'm not going to get to go back to work and stay and get my pre-op stuff done now.

So I did.  Signed 4,293 papers with my pretend name, Anastassia Beaverhousen.  Hope they send the bills to her also!!

Did blood work, and and EKG.  Yes, I do have a heart.  But it only beats when I feel like being human to others....and after the wasted day, there wasn't much chance of that happeing. 

On Tuesday, Sept 4, I travel to Temple for and MRI.  As if the mammogram and biospy and ultrasound aren't enough, they want me to go have and MRI.

I've been told that when I get there, they will start an IV of dye....I will undress from the waist up...(If I had a dollar everytime someone told me that lately, surgery would be free)

I will then lay on a table and Laurel and Hardy will plop down through their own holes in the table and pictures will be taken of where the dye goes and doesn't go.  For 30 minutes on my belly with Laurel and Hardy hanging!

The idea is to make sure there are no surprises and the the right one is clean.  Gotta respect that idea.

1 comment:

  1. I just love that I can follow you through this "journey" as you so bravely call it. Your humor is absolutely infectious and will allow us to stay strong for you!

    ReplyDelete