Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Random Acts of Kindness....

Never underestimate the importance of a hug!!  or a quilt!!   or a rock!!!


Random Acts of Kindness are something we should learn to do everyday.  Even if it's letting someone into the flow of traffic.  It can be simple.

I have recently been the recipient of some random acts.

From total strangers with hearts full of love, I received a Prayer Quilt.  It is beautiful and I have used it everyday since I got it!!  I have never met the people who made it or the family that gave it to me....but the love and warmth is felt through their work and the words they shared with me.  After I use it tonight, it will be packed and taken to the hospital with me.  Thank you to those who put their time into making my quilt and all the others they have made and will make!  This was truly an unexpected gift and I love it!!

Today, left on my desk was a rock.  Not just any rock, but a rock picked out by a heart full of love and packed with prayers for me.  My Rock, (shall we call him Connery? or just Sean?) will travel with me to my procedures and surgery as a reminder of the family I have at BMS!  How thoughtful!! How LOVED I am!!  Now I have three rocks, Mt. Dmore, Crazy Horse and Sean!!  I am Blessed beyond words!

Thank you Trisha for your prayers and all the thought you have put into Sean.  You are a good person and God has blessed me with your friendship!  Rock On!!


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't you know it? I didn't even proof it, first! Here ya go:

    Hello, long-lost friend! I wanted to let you know I was thinking of you. Yes, it's been a while, but please know, every time I drive by the school, I think of you. Not her. You. :))

    Also you are in our hearts (us 3 girls) during this time. Sorry, I haven't been by before now, but I just heard you have a blog, today. I don't FB, well I do, but I don't, if that makes sense! If you set up a "follow me" gadget here on your blog, please let me know, so I can add you to my weekly blog list I check. Feel free to stop by mine and shout out anytime.

    ((((((((Big Hugs!))))))) ~Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I love your message!! Life is good this year, peace is in my heart instead of tense stress. I really figured she was going to give my a heart attack as stressed as I was! But instead, the stress found a weak spot to invade me. Please stop in someday! My door is always open and there are no more sour faces to greet you. It's like falling in love with my job all over again.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you!! When you're back at school, I'd like to come in and help you put up books while you're recovering. :) Plus, we'll get to chat, too! Looking forward to seeing you soon. Please let me know, either here or an email when you are out of the hospital and all is okay. :)))

    ReplyDelete