Thursday, September 27, 2012

Parenthood

If you have the time, and the internet connection, watch Tuesday, September 25th episode of Parenthood.  I've never watched it before myself, but Tuesday night I came out from my bedroom and Todd told me the episode was us. 

I don't know the characters, but one couple finds out that the wife has breast cancer.  It is a very true, relate able episode of the emotions that flood you and your partner.  Have a kleenex ready! (maybe 2)  The Dr in the episode is a jerk.  With all the Dr's I have met in the last month, NONE were like him....he was createdto add a little extra storyline.

Today I head to the Oncologist.  I have my list of questions ready.  He won't go through them.  He will educate me and draw pictures and then if my questions weren't answered, he will.  I'm ready for this visit.  I need this visit to give me a mind-set and timeline of things ahead.

My heart is heavy at times....

If I am at home during those times, I place my head on Crazy Horses chest and cry.  Not bawl, just let out some tears.  The security of his arms around me tells me I am not alone.

When I am at school, and it hits me, you will find a group of us with red eyes.  One of the best comments someone told me is that I am "normal"  (Thank you Jessica, I love you!) she would be worried about me if I didn't have "moments".

My ARMY of protectors/followers/prayer givers/huggers/cooks/ increases daily.  And I am forever grateful for each of you.  I will say it again, NEVER underestimate how important your friendship is and your words of encouragement.

God Bless my boob, my armpit, the rest of my body from anymore.  But God, please bless my friends as they travel through this journey with me.  Without them, I would have hit a dead end weeks ago.

1 comment: