Sunday, September 2, 2012

They are Kind...They are Smart...They Are Important...

....they.....are my friends!

During the last couple of years, my friends have been my sounding board during some stressful times at work.  They have supported me, laughed with me, okay, laughed at me at times also, but have always been there for me!  These are solid friendships.  SOLID as a diamond.  More precious than gold. 

These friends were the ones it was hardest to tell about Willard.  To see the sadness in their eyes was heartbreaking.  BUT, they are now the ones who include me in their daily prayers.  Asking for a healing hand to come protect me.

They,....are Michelle, my sista, who checks on me every day.  And gave me a mug of Faith.  She hasn't seen me drink from it because I don't want to dirty it. So I have it with me at work sitting by my computer and I look at it all day long.

They....are Peggy, who comes into the library smiling....and I know something is up!! But she is only there to give me a hug! 

They,....are Jessica who leaves a post it note on my computer simply saying "I Love You"

They,....are Marty and Gayle who will ALWAYS be ready to eat ice cream with me and talk!

They,....are Monteen and Rachel and Hanna and Ann and Jessica (again), and Abby who leave me messages on my blog. 

They,...are Kahryn who actually uses the U.S. Postal Service to mail me a card.  (gotta make a mental note to give her my email so she can save the money)

They,...are Abby (again)  and Tammy who give and receive phone calls from me those first few days.

They,...are Debra and Nancy who leave me a love note and candy to let me know they are thinking of me.

They, .....are Trisha's eyes filled with pissed off anger after hearing my news.  Trisha is one of the Bestest!  And she is also praying extra hard for me this week!

They,....are every teacher that stops by and asks me daily how I feel. 

They,...are April and Nancy and Larissa and Linda and Grace and Shirley and Judy and all the others who stop and give me a hug because they need me to know they care.

They...are Jean Ann who holds my hands IN school and prays.

And last, but not at all,  or ever least, THEY are my two dearest friends, Bethany and Megan...whom I love dearly and deeply.  They are the two I text with in the evenings and tell good night to before going to sleep.  They are the ones I have peeing in their pants with my jokes.  They are the ones I want to eat Nancy burritos with.  And drink Starbucks coffee with, and get pedicures with the mean girls watching and fly Angry Birds on my fingers with until I am old and can't.  And when I'm that old and can't, I will Skype with!  Because I love them to infinity and back. 

They,....and a all the ones I've forgotten to point out are Kind, and Smart and Important to me.  Next to my family, these are the ones I love the most.

1 comment:

  1. Why you gotta make me cry?!?! Love you so much. Been thinking about you all weekend.

    ReplyDelete